You might not immediately think of lentils as a breakfast food.
However, red lentils are a fantastic option.
They’re healthy, very filling, and just as customizable as oatmeal.
They cook quickly and have a creamy porage like texture.
The perfect thing to warm you up on a cold morning.
- ¼ cup red lentils
- ¾ cup water
- 1 Tbps powdered coconut milk
- 1 tsp brown sugar (or to taste)
- 3 slices dehydrated apple sliced finely chopped
- 2 pieces candied ginger finely chopped
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Topping (optional)
- 1 Tbps dried cranberries
- 2 Tbps walnuts chopped
- In a pot combine everything except the topping and cook over med heat.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 15 mins.