Vegan Backpacking Nutella Trail Bars Recipe
Whoever came up with Nutella is some kind of evil genius.
A sweet chocolate and hazelnut spread
How can anyone possibly resist?
It was something I was really missing once I became vegan.
Thankfully Justin’s makes a dairy-free chocolate hazelnut butter.
These bars turn that iconic spread into an easy on the go treat.
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup brown rice syrup or light corn syrup
- 1 Cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 5 Cup puffed rice cereal
- ½ Cup chopped hazelnuts or other nuts
- ½ Cup mini chocolate chips
- Cover an 8x10 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the cereal, nuts, and chocolate chips.
- In a medium saucepan over med-low heat combine the sugar and syrup.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Let boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the hazelnut spread.
- Pour the mixture over the cereal and mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture over the parchment lined pan and let it set for about an hour.