Vegan Backpacking Peanut Noodle Ramen Recipe
Sometimes you need a quick no fuss meal.
Ramen is a perfect solution.
and is a perfect meal to pack if you’re on the go.
Great for the trail or the office.
Just add hot water.
I was able to find a large bag of plain ramen noodles at an Asain market. Make sure to check the cooking directions because some of them do require the noodles to be cooked separately and then drained, which kind of defeats the point.
If you can’t find plain ramen noodles you can always buy regular prepackaged ramen and discard the seasoning.
- 1 package of ramen noodles (seasoning packet discarded)
- 3 Tbsps powdered peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp powdered coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp chopped peanuts
- 1 tsp powdered soup base (i used this one)
- 1 tsp dehydrated vegetables
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp dried minced onions
- ¼ tsp xantham gum (optional, this thickens the sauce but doesn't change the flavor)
- 1 cup boil water
- 1 packet soy sauce
- Add the dry ingredients and the unopened packet of soy sauce to an airtight container until you are ready to use.
- To use, add water and soy sauce, wait 3-5 minutes or until the noodles and vegetables are tender.