These trail bars are based off of holiday candied nuts.
However, they would be great any time of year.
They are full of warming aromatic spices
They are perfect for the trail, or even just a snack on the go.
- 3 Cups nuts or seeds any combination
- 3 Cups puffed rice cereal
- ¼ Cup candied ginger minced
- 1 Cup brown rice syrup or light corn syrup
- ¾ Cup sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the nuts, cereal, and ginger.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat combine the brown rice syrup and sugar. Stir continuously until boiling.
- Add the spices, salt, vanilla, and oil.
- Let boil for a full minute.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the cereal and nuts and stir until well combined.
- Spread evenly over the 9x13 pan and let cool for about an hour.