Are you looking for something to bring to a holiday party?
Spiced pecans are a classic holiday snack.
This vegan version is super easy to throw together and will leave your kitchen smelling amazing.
Simply add flax seeds and water together in a small bowl and set aside for ten minutes.
Mix together sugar, spices, and salt.
Stir the pecans and the flax seed mixture and the coat with the spices.
Spread over a baking sheet and then bake for one hour.
- 3 Cups pecans halves
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 3 Tbsp warm water
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together the flax seeds and water. Set aside for 10 min.
- In a medium bowl combine the sugar, spices, and salt. Mix well.
- In a large bowl add the pecans and flax seed mixture. Stir until the pecans are evenly coated.
- Pour spice mixture over the nuts and continue stirring until they are well covered.
- Spread nuts in a thin layer over a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 mins.