Vegan Backpacking Maple Bacon Chocolate Granola Recipe
This recipe was my son’s idea
It’s packed full of
and of course “bacon”
It’s lightly sweet
and incredibly hearty
Vegan Maple Bacon Chocolate Granola
Lightly sweet and smokey hearty vegan granola.
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 4 Tbsp warm water
- 2 Cups chopped pecans
- ½ Cup sliced almonds
- ½ Cup oats
- ¼ Cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ Cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- ½ Cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp McCormick Bac'n Pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together flax seeds and water. Let sit for 10 mins.
- Add nuts, oats, maple syrup, coconut, and coconut oil.
- Spread over a large baking sheet and bake for 1 hour and 15 mins. Stirring every 15 mins.
- Let cool completely before adding Bac'n Pieces and chocolate chips.
Serving size: 6 Calories: 533 Fat: 42.9 Carbohydrates: 37 Protein: 8