Vegan Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
Recently my mother-in-law came to visit.
One morning while she was here I decided I wanted to make her coffee cake for breakfast.
Something sweet, moist, a crunchy crumb topping, and of course vegan.
I also didn’t want to go the store, so I had to work with what I already had on hand.
This coffee cake definitely met all of those requirements.
It was a huge hit.Print
A vegan version of a classic blueberry coffee cake with a crunchy crumb top.
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 1/2 Tbsp warm water
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup almond milk
- 1/4 Vegetable oil
- 1 Cup blueberries
- 1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup Earth Balance, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8 pan.
- Mix flax seeds and water together and set aside for 10 mins.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flax, almond milk, and oil. Stir until just mixed, don’t over stir.
- Fold in blueberries and pour into pan. The batter will be pretty thick.
- In the same large bowl mix together the flour and brown sugar.
- Add the Earth Balance and mix until has the consistency of fine gravel. Spread over the coffee cake.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 9
- Calories: 340
- Fat: 11.8
- Carbohydrates: 60
- Protein: 4