I gotta say I’m a little obsessed with this vegan chickpea curry. It’s my go-to recipes for days when I don’t feel like spending a lot of time cooking.
It’s so delicious, creamy, hearty, and packed with vegetables. An added bonus is how delicious this curry smells while it’s cooking. But the very best part, this recipe is unbelievably easy!
It does take a while for the vegetables cook, but it’s very hands off. This curry takes just one pot and is a great option for busy weekday dinners.
You can serve it over rice or just eat it by its self.
A delicious and incredibly easy one-pot vegan curry.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic minced
- 2 Carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp yellow curry powder
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- 2 15.50z cans of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Cups Kale torn into bite-sized pieces
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it’s translucent about 5 minutes. Stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and carrots and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the curry and cook just until it becomes fragrant about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, chickpeas, peas, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add kale and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 328
- Fat: 14.5
- Carbohydrates: 41
- Protein: 13
Did you make this recipe?