Vegan Backpacking Turtle Bite Recipe
Looking for a healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth? Turtle bites to the rescue!
What are turtle bites? They are a nutritious snack based off of turtle candy, but much healthier!
They are sweet, chocolaty, and packed with protein and fiber.
These treats are full of delicious pecans, chocolate, and caramel-like Medjool dates.
These quick, easy, and chocolaty snacks will satisfy your sweet tooth without too much guilt.
- Grind pecans in a food processor until they’re finely chopped.
- In a large bowl mix together the pecans, flax seeds, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Add the dates to the food processor until they become a paste.
- Mix the dates into the other ingredients until well incorporated.
- Take roughly one tbsp of the mixture at a time, roll it between your hands to form a ball.
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 243
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Protein: 4
Did you make this recipe?